Salamander Pump Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Have fitted a Salamander CT50 pump which is not working as it needs to, its fitted to the MI instructions. The shower its running is a fixed head type so the head is pretty high, and the gravity flow through the head is not enough, according to Salamanders tech team.

Basically the pump is not kicking in, sometimes by playing around with the shower flow turning from hot to cold, I can get the pump to fire, but not all the time. With the shower on, if I unscrew the cold outlet hose slightly it will fire the pump everytime and it will run correctly even when tightened up.

Spoke to the tech team the other day and they mentioned something about a air flow switch that will force water into the pump, making it work correctly.

Anyone had this problem before? have you used one of these switches? How do they install etc?

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to give you all the info I had!.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
they connect onto the outlet of the pump then connect your flexi hoses to them.
they convert your pump to work in a neg head situation.

Thanks Seco, Could you give me a bit more info on this please? Spoke to Salamander again today and they suggested I buy a flow switch, but they say that you locate the button in the shower and wire it into the top of the pump which when pressed makes an electrical connection and fires the pump automatically...........

This seems like a right pain in the a*** and dont really want to put a seperate button in the shower. Apart from being about £50.

The one you are talking about, is it electrical? could you give a link or something so I can have a look?

Would really appreciate your help with this one!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
They did mention that option, but they are £100 quid each, and need two as its a twin impeller.

Seems like the cheaper air switch option will be the way forward! Really annoying as the pump I removed (cant remember what make etc) was NOT a negative head pump and had been working fine for years (apparently) and just packed up over age, certainly looked very old when took it out.

Never mind, S*** happens! :(

Did think about that but neg pumps are so expensive, what would you recommend that will not break the bank?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back