Salamander CT150 startup problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
First post so please be kind!
Had a new shower room installed Oct 2007. A Salamander CT150 pump was fitted in the loft above the shower and has worked perfectly well until the last couple of weeks. At first I simply had to turn the shower off and on a couple of times for it to kick in. Last night it took a minute or two before the pump started.
I have searched through the other "Salamander CT50" posts and, although I can't find the same problem, I'm coming to the conclusion that the switch needs a clean/replacing? If so is this a simple task as everything is outside the warranty period.
I'm an enthusiasitc amateur willing to tackle most jobs - even if I don't always get it right!
Thanks

Update:
Contacted Salamander who advised removing/cleaning the inlet filters.
They were both (H/C) prettu gunky. Cleaning improved the non-pumped flow considerably. Switched the pump on and all is well again.

Sponsored Links
try cleaning out the pumps filters.

At first I simply had to turn the shower off and on a couple of times for it to kick in.

this tells me your install is on the boarder line of getting the min flow required to activate the pump. which is 1 L/min per side.

try lowering the shower head when you operate the shower does it kick in straight away ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back