Salus RT500RF Programmable Room Stat Questions

but it's shows all the time-no matter how high temperature I put on[/quote]

I suggest you phone the Salus Technical Helpline on 01226 323961. The "Lo" refers to the measured ambient temp, not the setting. If its reading Lo when it shouldn't be then it may be faulty.

-The new range is called the S-Series and will be on shelves from about the end of the year. It was indeed shown at Installer Live and got great interest. And yes it is Ipod like.

Sponsored Links
The instructions can be obtained directly from the Salus website (www.salus-tech.com).

If you need telephone help why not phone the Salus helpline on 01226 323961

Sponsored Links
Leeds Plumber could you please email me your plain english instructions
for Salus Rt500rf because I must be really thick because i cant understand
the instructions in manual Thanks :confused:

Just press set, and then up or down arrows then select, then up or down then select etc etc and when you're done press set. The hardest part I found was changing between Mon-Fri and Sat-Sun.

I have looked on the manufacturers website and downloaded the instructions. In my opinion they are not easy to understand.
I am trying to remotely help my mother who has just moved house and lives many miles away to set up the timings.
If the simple text description exists, I could post it to her - it is very difficult to explain over the 'phone.

If anyone out there has the simple explanation that was mentioned earlier in this thread it would be very much appreciated.

Why not telephone the manufacturers helpline on 01226 323961 (either you or your Mother). The RT500RF is really simple, what is it you dont understand?

The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

1 is the time you want heating on eg, 07.00 and set the temp (20)

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

3 is the time to come on an evening eg. 17.00 and set the temp (20)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

Top man. Why does it not say the above in the manual? This is all you need to programme the stat.

I was on the point of throwing the bloody thing in the bin and fitting a standard timer and seperate stat.

You've saved me a few quid fella,

cheers,

Dave.

Hi there

Just bought my RT500RF but when I unplugged the old thermostat and try to connect this one I realize I have only 2 wires in the wall... :rolleyes:

Any ideas how should I connect it?

Regards from Madrid
;)

The RT500RF is wireless. IE no wires are required at the thermostat. Only the receiver needs to be wired, and that goes back at the boiler.

Hi Al21, nice to hear from you

Well, those 2 wires on the wall come directly from the boiler, but they are only two and in the receiver there are more than two "holes" to connect them :confused:

I am not a technician but I guess they work as a switch, if the circuit is opened nothing happens, if the circuit is closed the boiler starts working.

BTW, i like very much this thermostat because you can choose different temperatures along the day. My old one just had two temperatures to set, "comfort" and "night".

;)

The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

1 is the time you want heating on eg, 07.00 and set the temp (20)

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

3 is the time to come on an evening eg. 17.00 and set the temp (20)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.
Hi I would appreciate it if you could send me that document. I am an ex Honeywell engineer and struggle with those instructions ! I'm at [email protected].
Cheers
Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back