Salus RT500RF Programmable Room Stat Questions

Thanks for that Delerious, appreciate it. I have set my 4th setting for 6pm @ 21 degrees and my 5th setting for 10pm at 10 degrees but about 7pm it cuts off and have to over ride it manually, any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

1 is the time you want heating on eg, 07.00 and set the temp (20)

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

3 is the time to come on an evening eg. 17.00 and set the temp (20)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.

I've had this unit for about a month now.

I've set all timers (that is Mon-Fri, 1-5 and Weekend, 1-5) to 5 degrees and I putthe timer in sleep/stand-by mode (hold arrows for 23 secs til it turns off) and it still kicks in at the timings of programs 1 and 3 and at 20 degrees.

I manual override doesn't appear to take it below a static temp of 20 degrees outside of these times and i have to manually turn the boiler off for it to stop.

It is definitely the thermostat and not the boiler because the receiver unit is lit with both lights when the heat unwantedly goes on.

That surely can't be right?

I was wondering if anyone can help.

I have just fitted a Salus RT500RF Stat and set up the temp/times on the control centre.

However, the heating doesn't seem to ever switch on/off.

If I put the boiler on constant then the heating stays permanently on.
If I switch it to timer then the boiler just seems to come on/off according to the boiler clock and not the thermostat settings.

The controller seems to be working because the flame symbol comes on/off depending on temp. And the receiver green light comes on/off in tune with the controller, but the boiler doesn't do anything.

Any ideas what this could be?

Also, I have just read about the jumper switches. Do you have to set those or only if you are getting interference from somewhere else?

Sponsored Links
Hi, does anyone know why my RT500RF won't turn the boiler OFF until it is within 15ft of the sender? The boiler is in the attached garage and I thought it wasn't picking the signal up through the house wall, so I extended the sender wiring to bring it inside the house, so that the thermo would communicate better......to no avail. It has worked fine for 2 years, now it's playing up. It will turn the boiler ON from about 30ft through several rooms in the house, but only OFF from 15ft.

:cry:

Hi Could you please send me your "plain English" instructions.

Have programmed Mon.-Fri OK but can't figure out the weekend as I want it to be the same for seven days. At the moment it stays on all day.

Hi ajcerc,

There are some quick "plain" instructions on the flap covering the buttons. When you first press "set" the Mon-Fri text flashes on the screen. Press select and it will change to SAT-SUN. Then program as normal for the two weekend days. Remember, this thermostat does not have an "on" or "off", it does everything by temperature. So program it to 21 deg at 6:00am then 10 deg at 7:00am to make it come on for 1 hour in the morning. Then cycle through the program using the select button until the time flashes again, then set it to 21 deg at 4:00pm then 10 deg at 10:00pm to make it come on for 6 hours in the evening. There are 5 temperature programs for the week days and 5 for the weekend days. The above example uses just two of these programs, but you can use all five to make it go on and off at whatever times you like. if you only use two programs, make the other three "10:00pm - 10 deg", "10:00pm - 10 deg", "10:00pm - 10 deg". This will ensure that it does not come on until 6:00 the next morning.
Hope this helped. It takes some getting used to.

It is supposed to stay on all day. The only thing you can change is the temperature that it heats to during the day which will usually be lower. The default is 14C which will mean that the heating isn't on very much during the day, if at all. You can set it lower if you feel the heating is coming on unnecessarily during the day. You can also press the frost button and it will be set to 5C at all times until you press it again. Or you can hold down both the up and down buttons together until the whole display goes out, and then you will have no heating at all until you turn it back on.

I assume you have programmed the "Mon-Fri" setting and are now presented with the "Sat-Sun" option? But you simply want a "7 day" option so it does the same thing every day? I think you'll find there isn't one. The choice is between "5-2" which is what you have, and "7 day" which lets you individually program every day. The lesser of two evils would be to program both settings in "5-2" mode to be exactly the same.

LeedsPlumber";p="1112915 said:
The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

#Hi LeedsPlumber
Can you mail me in plain english the settings instructions for the Salus RT500RF thermo just had new boiler fitted Worcester bosch 28i and was given this thermo ? don't really use the timer on / off morning and night just want to turn on when i get home and turn off when go to bed I've been holding down the two up and down buttons for 3 seconds which turns the hand held unit off (sleep mode ) which then turns off the boiler at night and to turn back on just touch any button to start up again is this ok
Thanks Max.

has to be the most retarded ****in thermostat ive ever used......... whats wrong with a simple set time for off and on...... mine is gettin returned.... piece of ****... if your thinkin of buyin one take my advice.... AND DONT

had mine a month and the house is toasty and warm.... in the ****ing daytime when i'm at work..... cant wai to see my gas bill... thanks altech..... you piece of ****.....

I just purchased the RT500RF to replace my current RT500.

I've used this unit for 3 and a half years now and can safely say that it has caused me any problems.

I hope once I have the RT500RF wired in it doesn't cause me any problems as many people on this thread would suggest.

I take it that wiring in the receiver on the RT500RF is almost as straight forward as removing the old control and replacing the wires in the like for like connections?

Thanks

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.

Yes please :D

[email protected]

TIA

2ndjohnnymac

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back