Salus RT500RF Programmable Room Stat Questions

Hi,

The reason I'm on this website is because the salus rt500rf does not switch the Boiler off - unless the temperature is reached. It is on all the time - including during the night, and when you are out - not what I want as I have thermostat radiators anyway, which control the temperature in each room, so I'm selling 2 RT500RF's if anyone wants to buy them. I've reverted to the boiler timer and the radiator thermostats to control the ON/OFF and timing.

How much was you looking to get for the rt500rf and are they still available?

Sponsored Links
The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

1 is the time you want heating on eg, 07.00 and set the temp (20)

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

3 is the time to come on an evening eg. 17.00 and set the temp (20)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.

HELLO ! I know it was a few years ago but moved into a rental house with the Salus and hoped you could email me the plain english instructions you mentioned in your post ? If you can please email me at
[email protected]

Thanks for your help
Danny

LeedsPlumber";p="1112915 said:
The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.[te] :D
I am having trouble with my new stalus, the tempreture remains on even when I set both 4 and 5 settings at 10c
can you send me a copy of your instructions, [email protected] cheers

Afternoon gents. I found this thread via Google so I thought I'd share a niggle I had.

I got my RT500RF about 18 months ago when the original programmer/receiver fitted by the gas board cried enough and it worked fine from the word go. This autumn though when I fired the system up again I found the boiler (Vaillant) was running most of the time, even overnight. The Salus receiver had the little green light on even though the programmer wasn't calling for any heat.

Had a quick look on here and after 10 minutes altering the jumper settings in the programmer and receiver (five of which were spent looking for a screwdriver) it seems to be working fine now. Tested by sticking the programmer in the fridge to hurry it on and then on top of a rad to make it switch off.

I'm guessing the big digital TV switch on or a neighbour's heating/broadband was interfering with it. Will double check tonight when both sides are home from work.

One of those things - I'm very pleased with it and it was about half the cost of a similar Honeywell unit, easy to install and set up.

Sponsored Links
These Salus wireless prog room sats aren't that bad for what they cost. I always take out pins 2 and 4 and turn off 2 and 4 to give it a unique frequency seeing as though most households have wireless laptops, printers etc.
I've fitted a fair few and had no problems at all!

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.

Hi, Another one struggling with the destructions, could you please send a copy to [email protected], this would be most appreciated, thanks.

Could you please email me a copy
[email protected]

Hi

I have just had a new boiler installed with the Salus RT500 RF I dont understand how to work the unit. Does anyone please have some Idiot guides they could email me please at [email protected]. It would be very much appreciated.

Im having the same problem also when is all set and I want change the time for the next day how do you do it without mess up the rest, could you please email me a copy at [email protected] THANKS

It's a 5 and 2 or a 7 day programme, you can't have different times on different days. The weekdays must be the same, weekends can be set differently. I've fitted loads, never had a problem with them apart from operator errors and the rare RF crosstalk from a radio ham or another wireless unit nearby, easily resolved.

Ok guys please help me out here, I have read all of these posts and have tried all of the remedies but my problem stays the same. Just bought a house with this control on the wall, the temperature on the display will not go any higher that 16 degrees. I have tried to move the temperature up but nothing happens, I get that it is programmable and that it does not have an on/off switch but at the moment I can control when the heating comes on by turning the temperature down from the boiler but I cannot get the control to show a higher temperature, all help appreciated.
Thanks

You mentioned that you could email the instructions. Could you please sen d it to my email address [email protected] I would appreciate your help. Thank you!

Hi I've just purchase a salus thermo rt500rf and the heating does not come on in the morning even when you manual it the flame comes on the thermo stat in the corner but the heating does not come on. the only way you can get it to work in a morning is to run the hot water for a little while then it starts to work but should not have to do this can any one help please ????

I also have the Salus RF programmer and have had nothing but problems since it was installed. The person who installed it has been very unhelpful. I understand about the temperature control to switch the boiler 'on/off'. But my problem is that when the flame is on the main control, the boiler does not switch on. The other problem is that it seems to come on and off on its own and not to what I have programmed - and I haven't turned the frost protection on. The worst night for it not to work seems to be a sunday night.
So as I type this I am freezing - especially in the lovely cold weather we have been having.
Any help or advice would be greatly received.
26/3/2013 -Update
I contacted Worcester Bosch, as I have a Worcester Greenstar 30si Boiler, and have been informed that the Salus RF Programmer is not compatible with Worcester boilers. The person who installed this (plumber and electrician) should have been aware of this. Am now in the process of changing to an approved Worcester compatible RF programmer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back