SalusRT505TX With valliant eco plus tec boiler keeps switching on ramdomly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a couple of questions that i'm hoping someone can help me with. Last Week we had a Salus RT505TX programmable wireless thermostat installed to replace my wired one which was years old. Since installation the heating has been coming on and off at random times. I got the engineer back out and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with it and to see how i got on.
This weekend was a disaster.. i resorted to switching my Valiant eco plus boiler off as it kept coming on at random times. I have thoroughly researched the thermostat and its all correctly set. I have tried many things over the weekend

1) changed the jumper positions on both the thermostat and the receiver rxrt505. This is where i have a question. My heating engineer had the dip switches set a different way to what is shown on the salus website youtube video - how to change the rf video. I have now changed them ( see picture of receiver and thermo jumpers) . Do these look right? My engineer had set the receiver the other way with the dip switches 2,3 to the left and 1,4,5 to the right as such. tried different combinations.
2) my neighbour also has a Salus - he has a different model IT500 or something but i believe all Salus' operate on the 868 mhz frequency. Is it likely that his heating is interfering? He used to have a Salus rt505tx like me and has loaned me his old thermostat to try and have set it up but no joy.

3) i put the heating right down to 5 on the thermostat and it still keeps coming on. When it comes on i press the thermostat and it switches it off. For some reason it just keeps coming on. When its on the Green receiver light is illuminated.

Can anyone help here?

Attachments

• IMG_6268.JPG
    IMG_6268.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6270.JPG
    IMG_6270.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 105
Sponsored Links
It is likely that the neighbour is interfering with you.

The Salus has 32 settable address codes. They all come with all the same default address code.

It is not totally clear to me if you have already changed the code.

You start by saying it goes on and off at random times.

At the end you talk about it coming on when not expected to.

Have you asked your neighbour to make a few raped changes to his and see if that activates yours?

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for the reply. So my neighbour has the Salus it500 . He says he doesn't know what channel it is on. He says it auto configures. Also my neighbour has switched on his heating with me there to see if mine comes on and it doesn't.

With the Salus i have tried a few combinations since the engineer installed it. i have tried 4 different configurations - so 1 and 5, 4 and 5, 2 and 3 and 2 and 4. You say there are 32 . Does this mean i could do 3 dip switches on ? So 1,2,3 etc..

I was wondering if i turn off the receiver and the salus thermostata but leave my boiler switched on how would it work? I'm assuming it would work off the TRV's?

Salus seem to use a very basic way to transmit and receive, incorrect operation is a common complaint. It could be being switched by interference from an electronic device in your home for example. Even things like when you turn off a switch the little arc generated will transmit, the transmission can easily be heard on a nearby AM radio. Something as silly as that could be the cause.

At work we avoid Salus like the plague, and I'd rather install wired controls than wireless. Where wireless is the only sensible option, we use Honeywell every time. Their stuff works well.

Sponsored Links
Lady, you can use any combination of dip switches you like.

There is also the possibility that neighbour's stat is blocking your RX too because it is too close.

There is an App to produce a spectrum analyser at 2.4 Ghz but I am not sure about one for 860 Mhz..

How far apart is his TX compared with your TX ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back