Salus Thermostat / Receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Looking for some advice regarding a Salus Thermostat (ST621RF) and corresponding receiver (see pic below).

Basically, the thermostat has lost connection with the receiver and won’t re-pair. The boiler is a Greenstar Combi - installed circa April 2017 so I assume this is when the Salus products were installed too.

Couple of things I’ve tried with no success:

• changed batteries in thermostat
  • Reset thermostat
  • Switched off/on boiler (and therefore receiver) at mains
  • Tried to pair thermostat to receiver following instructions to the letter on manual / Salus website / previous posts on this forum
  • Phoned Salus support team - as it’s past its 2 year warranty and I had tried everything they would recommend, they therefore couldn’t help
It’s not a boiler / gas issue as my hot water works and when I switch the receiver to manual (black dot) my heating comes on. When I turn the thermostat to above the room temperature (to therefore turn on the heating) it displays the ‘flame’ sign as if notifying the receiver / boiler but the heating still doesn’t come on. When I try to pair the thermostat to the receiver, the red LED flashes but after the 10 minutes, no pairing. The red LED then flashes quickly after this until I try pairing again.

So, a couple of questions:

1. Is there anything else I can try to get the thermostat to pair with the receiver?
  2. If not, should I keep the Salus receiver (which seems to be working fine) and buy a new Salus thermostat?
  3. Or because Salus seem a bit rubbish after possibly packing in after only 3 years (and pretty poor reviews online) then replace both thermostat and receiver?
Apologies in advance for the lengthy post but going on previous it appears best to provide as much info as possible.
Thanks in advance for any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

DC

upload_2020-11-4_22-49-19.jpeg

Sponsored Links
try turning the thermostat to min usually 5 degrees leave for ten seconds , then turn to max leave for ten seconds and see if boiler comes on, as you have already worked out salus are very poor, if you have to replace dont go for another salus

Thanks for the suggestion Ian but sadly no joy with that either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back