New wireless thermostat - need a new receiver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a boiler which is controlled by a Salus wireless thermostat. The last thermostat died so we've bought a replacement but it won't seem to pair with the receiver. The thermostat is model RT510TX+ and the receiver is model RXBC605. I've followed all the instructions and the receiver has the flashing light indicating it's trying to pair. Anyone had this happen? Do we need to buy a new receiver or should we be getting someone out?

Sponsored Links
If I was you I’d take the replacement salus back and buy a decent thermostat like Honeywell , salus stats have proven to be very poor, all of the rt510 I’ve fitted over the last 12 months have all died and been replaced

Sponsored Links
yes you need a receiver too, as already advised Salus are cheap rubbish, go for something better, and buy , a complete kit, thermostat and receiver in the same box and they will be already paired

Thanks all - will give it one last go pairing today and then buy a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back