Salus RT520TX not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have has a new Vaillant Ecotech boiler installed as well a Salus RT520TX receiver and thermostat. Everything has been going fine but I have woken up today with no heating. I have tried to pair the receiver and thermostat by holding down the pairing button which results in one solid red LED on the receiver but no green LED. I'm not sure what else to do. Can anyone help, I will greatly appreciate it!

EDIT: The heating works if I switch the receiver to manual but will not work on automatic

Sponsored Links
The re-paring is quite detailed. Assuming that you have the instructions, it's important that you follow them to the letter. After re-pairing, a single red LED is normal. Have you tried the test procedure? Select menu / pairing / test. This can take some time to complete 10-15 minutes and at the end you should see flashing red and green LED's.

As it works manually, it would appear that it is a communication problem between the two devices.

I take it that the batteries in the thermostat are all OK and that the 'low battery' symbol isn't showing.

Has anything changed in your home? For example have you positioned any large metal objects (microwave oven or fridge freezer etc) between the thermostat and receiver that could be blocking the signal.

As a test, does it work when you move the thermostat next to the receiver?

It's a bit of a long-shot if the re-pairing hasn't worked, but you could try a factory reset. You would have to re enter all of your settings again from scratch afterwards.

Turn the thermostat all the way down to about 5 I think it is, leave it 10 seconds then turn the stat all the way up and wait ten seconds, is the green light on now ? if it is just set the stat back to what it was at

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back