Same problem 2 years later

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my boiler has just packed up (Glowworm Fuelsaver 2 50b), i noticed the pilot light went out earlier today and tried re-ignighting the usual way as indicated on the inside of the cover. This hasn't worked obviously!!, so was wondering what it could be?
2 years ago i had the same problem, the guy came to fix it, firstly replacing the thermocoupler, which didnt work then replacing the gas valve, the boiler worked this time (£300 lighter).
Im concerned now that if these mechanical parts have only been replaced 2 years ago im not expecting these to need replacing at least for another few years, but it maybe the heat exchanger now, which i know is a costly to do. Does anyone know anything i can do myself that may get this going again in time for chirstmas - as i full well getting a gas engineer now pre christmas is nigh on impossible.
thanks

Sponsored Links
2 years ago i had the same problem, the guy came to fix it, firstly replacing the thermocoupler, which didnt work then replacing the gas valve, the boiler worked this time (£300 lighter).
thanks

Has it been serviced since :?: :cry:

Adding inhibitor does not constitute a service, nor does moving it, you should get your boiler serviced annually

Sponsored Links
Boiler not working at all does not mean it is the same fault. Bit hard to tell what it is from a distance if just suddenly konked out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back