Samsung 32" LCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this TV for a couple of years now, and the misses wants me to put it up on the wall!!

Are there any restrictions on where they can be placed? The only flat, available wall we have is above a radiator. Do you think this will cause an issue with the TV?

Any help/advice would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your guide on temperature is in the instruction manual (Download it from the manufacturer's web site if you have lost your own copy). Most TV's will work OK even if the ambient temperature is up to 35-40 degrees C.

If you are concerned about the temperature above the radiator then £25-£30 invested in a temperature datalogger seems like a wise move. These devices record the temperature over hours or days and you can read back the results by plugging it in to a PC. You could do a similar thing with a regular thermometer of course. If you have the time then just run the heating full blast and take temperature readings every 30 minutes or so.

go for a radiator shelve 1" wider than the tv and it will throw the heat into the room ;)

Sponsored Links
As a general rule, higher temperatures will stress the electronics more and you will see more failures. Whether that will make a significant difference in reality is another matter and that would need a complicated study... what I mean is, if the estimated life falls from 10 years to 9 then who cares, you'll have thrown it away by then for a newer model anyway. If it falls from 10 to 3 (hot radiator?) then maybe that's a problem. Bottom line is that it will certainly not improve matters so if you can find somewhere else, I would personally recommend it. If you can't maybe a radiator cabinet would help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back