Samsung American Fridge/Freezer problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Wanted to ask for some advice regarding my Samsung RS21DPSM FF.

A couple of years ago I noticed the FF centre vertical strip was getting very hot. Checked and found a lot of dust build up in the lower rear compressor section. Cleaned out and was nicely running again. Then some months later was getting hot again but not as much. Forward to the last couple of months and has been getting hot sometimes but also noticed some clunking noises coming from the back of the machine and suspect ice is falling down. Have observed that the front temperature gauges on the Freezer door don't change when the either door is opened for a while like they used to.

Regarding the strip getting hot, I noticed the condensor fan isn't always running or starts late - definitely doesn't start when FF powered off/on at the plug with it starting at differing times can be 5 mins or over 10mins. Centre strip can get very hot.

It's about 8 years old and had the fridge panel (ice forming on fan) mod about 5 years ago under extended Samsung goodwill warranty but all that was changed was the large white plastic assembly including the fan with the metal strip for removing ice from fan blades.

Is this symptomatic of evaporator/sensor problems within fridge and is the condensor fan always meant to start when compressor kicks in - including no delay when powered off/on? Water bottle not freezing up for info.

Technically minded and will try and fix unless Samsung are due to take care under good will? Tried calling them some months ago and got an American call centre (after UK working hours) and wasn't very helpful.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back