Samsung Galaxy J4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem that I can't solve. My J4 has always automatically saved pictures sent via WhatsApp straight to the Phones Picture 'Gallery' and also a sub section labelled WhatsApp Pictures.
For some reason this no longer happens. I have searched for settings in Gallery and WhatsApp with no indication there is a setting that has been changes to account for it. Th then thought may be it is a memory issue, so I deleted quite a few pictures from the Gallery to see if that was the issueClearly it wasn't. hence this call for Help.
I have exhausted my VERY limited knowledge on these issues so :-
Has anyone got any suggestion as to why this has happened and a suggested solution

Sponsored Links
Open What's app. Settings . Storage and data. Manage storage..
What's there?
You got sd card?

Thanks for your reply Wayners.
The Manage Storage screen indicating 620Mb used and 15Gb free, below that is a Bar indicating about 2% of its length used by WhatsApp Media and around 40% of its length Used by Apps and other items. Then there is information about Review and deleted items then a lot of information regarding storage for 'Chats'
The only card I have inserted into the Phone is the card required to operate it which is the network provider card, I think the is referred to as an SD card!!!!

Hi Wayners, Thanks for your time you took in answering my call for Help.
I think I have found the appropriate setting to fix the problem.
In WhatsApp - Settings, there is an option 'Chats' selecting this option a screen appears with a section labelled 'Media Visibility' with an associated Slide Switch. I found this switch was set to OFF, sliding it to ON fixed the problem. Just how this slide switch had been set to off is a mystery as I did not know the screen option existed I therefore would never have switched it off, my Phone had always saved WhatApp pictures to my Phone Gallery in the past but suddenly in December it stopped doing so.
All fixed now so thank you so much for your input to solving my problem.
I did ask a so called 'Galaxy Expert' in PC World and would you believe it he had NO IDEA what so ever on fixing the problem.

Sponsored Links
No that's sim card. I was wondering if you have a sd card (memory) and hat's died and all photos were on it. Anyway fixed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back