Samsung Smart Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this post should be in the Phone Forum, so I will post in the Phone Forum also.
I use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer Photographs from a Samsung Galaxy J4 to an iMac.

All works OK but I am at a loss to determine the file listing sequence when it arrives in my iMac. All the pictures are listed but the sequence is relatively random. Sort of in date order but not consistent. For instance I could take six pictures of a subject, but when listed by Smart Switch I find that these six pictures may have two or three in chronological order but the remainder will be scattered around in the list and in order to find them i need to scroll up the list to find them and with a long list this takes considerable time and effort and very often it takes several searches to identify them.
The rules of the listing are a mystery to me and there doesn't seem to be any setting to control the listing process.
Can anybody help.
So called Samsung experts in stores have no idea, now that is a surprise !!!!!

Sponsored Links
Not a definite answer, but I would guess Smart Switch is reading the files from the phone based on their sequential "physical" location on the phone's eMMC internal storage.

You could try useause different transfer app to read them in a different order, or useimage grouping software (e.g. VisiPics) to help you regroup the jumbled photos after you've transferred them.

When I needed to transfer photos from my Samsung to my iPad, I used a free app called 'send anywhere'.

Thanks rossj81, have you any suggestions on a good transfer app, hottie has suggested 'send anywhere'. I will search the App stores to see if I can locate it.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mottie,
I have down loaded the send anywhere app onto my Galaxy phone. l tried to down load the app onto my iMac and it says it is installed, but I can't find it anywhere on my iMac.
Any idea where is might be hiding?
My iMac does not appear on the list of where to send on my Galaxy phone.
I think I am missing a trick somewhere here????

Sorry, I only had an iPad. I do remember my iPad only started showing up on my Samsung after I’d used it a few times. Before that, I just used the code it gave you (valid for 48 hours I think) and entered that code on my iPad. I’ve never used a Mac so wouldn’t be able to advise you on that, sorry.

I'll keep an eye on my Samsung, it looks to be a great solution to my problem.
Thanks fr your advice.

Standardisation between phone and tablet is why I went back to an iPhone when I cracked the screen on my Samsung S9. Too much piddling around for me. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back