Unsolicited use of Smart Phone

if you're buying at the counter, nothing stops you telling them your postcode is SW1A 2AA

Sponsored Links
If you work or go out alone, then having location services turned on and granting acess to selected people - your family for instance, will allow them to find you if need be.

If you are up to no good, then its not for you.

The claim of drain on batteries is a based on misconceptions.

That is my postcode!!!!

And mine,you must be my neighbour with the cat.

Was in a pc selling shed last week,they asked for a post code-said

SW1A 2AA

He asked,which number

i said 11

It comes up as, Prime Minister & First Lord of the Treasury on his screen.

He looks up and says thats all gone through,SIR.

Cancelled the purchase as the sales agent was insisting on selling me add ons,which i dont want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Screwfix and the like are nosey too. Why do they need your name and address to sell you screws?

HMRC of course, but mainly marketing. I get the offers through and some of them are decent. Used to bother me all that but not so much now as most of the data they collect is crap/worthless. I'm not that bothered about private companies, it's government departments you've really got to watch, because they routinely break the DPA because they know they can get away with it, well because they're the government.

Everything you read on the Internet is true, as Winston Churchill used to say.

I bet we pretty much all see this - and click past it !

"A privacy reminder from Google...
Data we process when you use Google

• When you search for a restaurant on Google Maps or watch a video on YouTube, for example, we process information about that activity – including information like the video you watched, device IDs, IP addresses, cookie data and location.
  • We also process the kind of information described above when you use apps or sites that use Google services like ads, Analytics and the YouTube video player..." and more...
-------------------------------------------
"Google tracks everything you do. Here's how to delete it" http://www.wired.co.uk/article/google-history-search-tracking-data-how-to-delete

Clean up your online presence https://www.deseat.me/

-0-

I'm shocked at your age. Had you down as a pensioner.

I have the wisdom of a pensioner, and also a semi-boring k<nt behind closed doors, and this forum is about as much online excitement as I can tolerate. I had you down as a k<nt ;)

I bet we pretty much all see this - and click past it !

"A privacy reminder from Google...
Data we process when you use Google

• When you search for a restaurant on Google Maps or watch a video on YouTube, for example, we process information about that activity – including information like the video you watched, device IDs, IP addresses, cookie data and location.
  • We also process the kind of information described above when you use apps or sites that use Google services like ads, Analytics and the YouTube video player..." and more...
-------------------------------------------
"Google tracks everything you do. Here's how to delete it" http://www.wired.co.uk/article/google-history-search-tracking-data-how-to-delete

Clean up your online presence https://www.deseat.me/

-0-

I've never actually agreed to it since it appeared on youtube and funny things happen sometimes but never agreed to it so whatever they are doing to me is illegal. There are many ways you can block google analytics/cookie data, for example, it's not as though you don't have some control your end.

I had some good customer service t'other day, so thought that I'd do the right thing, and leave a good a review.

Trouble was though, the website reviews were handled by TrustPilot.

Trying to register with TrustPilot to leave said glowing review, I found that I could not, unless I gave TP access to my email address book.
Sod that.

I emailed my review to the firm instead.

Seems like the best place to ask where I can get a tin hat from. I did not want to Google, for obvious reasons.

Sponsored Links
Back