Transferring pictures from a Flash Drive to a Mobile phone.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Canon IS 430 Camera which uses a Flash Drive as its storage medium for photographs.
How can I transfer the pictures from a Flash drive to a Mobile phone. The Canon camera is about 25 years old and has no communication facilities to enable the direct transfer but once onto a Flash Drive there must be a way of transferring the files. I have done it in the past by taking the Flash Drive to a place like Tesco Photograph store and getting the photographs transferred to a CD Disc, then used the CD disk in my iMac to transfer the photographs to the Desk top. Once in the Desk top I can then transfer the files to my Mobile using the App 'Send Anywhere'. This all a bit of a pain and there must be an easier way of transferring the pictures from the Flash Drive to a Mobile.
Anyone got any ideas??

Sponsored Links
What is your phone and what socket does it have?
Do you know if it supports USB OTG?

Something like this may work...
Thanks for your Advice RandomGrinch. The question arose from the person that bought my Canon Camera and as such I have no idea what Mobile phone they use. I have sent them your reply for them to pursue. I think they will need to visit Curry's to get some advice.
Thanks so much for your helpful reply, I had no idea that such devices that you suggested existed, as I have never needed to transfer pictures from the Camera to my Mobile Phone, If I wanted to have pictures on my phone I would use the phone to take the pictures, which begs the question of the purchaser "Why did they by the Camera in the first place."

Sponsored Links
I have a camera that stores the photos onto an SD card. I bought one of those devices (above). I would plug it into my iPhone and it would automatically transfer all the content onto my iPhone. It has a lightning connector at one end. Once on the iPhone, they would automatically appear in my iPad. Just recently I’ve changed my iPhone which now, like my iPad, has a USB C connector so if I want to carry on using that method, I’ll need to get another one.

If I wanted to have pictures on my phone I would use the phone to take the pictures, which begs the question of the purchaser "Why did they by the Camera in the first place."
I was going to ask the same question in my original reply, but then I thought - each to their own! :)
It does seem odd, and It isn't something I would do.

Plenty of flash drives which plug into mobile phones .?
If you mean flash drives, as in microSD cards, then yes.
Although I suspect "Flash drive" in this case (given the age of the camera), refers to a compact flash drive.
Not many phones have slots for them built-in! ;)

Although I suspect "Flash drive" in this case (given the age of the camera), refers to a compact flash drive.
Yeah they cards are Compact Flash Drives. I think the present Camera owner has sourced an appropriate reader. I'll see how they get on.
If they have the same problem as I am having backing up my Steam Driven iMac to a 2Tb hard drive, I don't hold out much hope.

If I wanted to have pictures on my phone I would use the phone to take the pictures, which begs the question of the purchaser "Why did they by the Camera in the first place."
My digital camera predated my camera smartphone and even now, it will take far superior pictures, especially in zoom mode. I still rarely use it though because it’s not as easy as a phone to carry around!

My digital camera predated my camera smartphone and even now, it will take far superior pictures, especially in zoom mode. I still rarely use it though because it’s not as easy as a phone to carry around!
Exactly my thoughts, although in my case I never uses my digital Camera, hence my disposal of it. I may regret the sale of it .

Exactly my thoughts, although in my case I never uses my digital Camera, hence my disposal of it. I may regret the sale of it .
I’ve just recently bought an iPhone 15 pro. The cameras are getting better all the time and it has a 3 x optical zoom (15x digital) plus a macro lens. The photo's it can take in the dark without flash are pretty good too.

Normal:

IMG_0243.jpeg

15x Digital:

IMG_0244.jpeg

Not too bad for a phone camera.

I was going to ask the same question in my original reply, but then I thought - each to their own! :)
It does seem odd, and It isn't something I would do.

Lots of adapters do just that , straight to phone .

Sponsored Links
Back