Samsung WD80N645OOW Washer Dryer, Not Drying Clothes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Bought in October 2018, our Samsung WD80N645OOW has (according to the Mrs) stopped completely drying clothes. She's complaining they're coming out slightly damp still. There's been no change in its use, as in all modes are still the same. The location of the unit also remains the same.

This has been going on for a few weeks now, so yesterday we took great pleasure in watching the drying cycle from start to finish.

The dryer makes all the right noises. It gets hot (HOT!). And the pump and what not sounds like its doing its thing.

In terms of 'troubleshooting'. As you can imagine, the manuals are beyond limited, but all filters have been cleared, including going in from the bottom and detaching the hose(s) from drum to filter, and removing the (presumably) condensing fan (at the top) to check for blockages -- as per this video.

I believe we have gone over and above in terms of what is deemed normal "home user" troubleshooting, so we're now stuck.

Is anyone in the know when it comes to these units? What else could it be?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bonni, the above is "basic" and what I meant by saying 'the manuals are beyond limited'. We've done all the steps outlined there :(

Yup, it covers basic steps and then finishes off by advising to phone them.

When my Indesit tumble stopped heating, I replaced the thermostats and it's been grand since then.

Sponsored Links
I've phoned them, was about as useful as the guide they have online. Currently in dispute over the warranty as it was sold with 5 years, but apparently it isn't/wasn't registered.

If its out of warranty, then, I'm willing to go poking. Hence the request in here, hoping there'd be some washer/dryer engineers with some suggestions of which bits/parts might be worth exploring.

Cheers though, appreciate the time & effort!

I've phoned them, was about as useful as the guide they have online. Currently in dispute over the warranty as it was sold with 5 years, but apparently it isn't/wasn't registered.

If its out of warranty, then, I'm willing to go poking. Hence the request in here, hoping there'd be some washer/dryer engineers with some suggestions of which bits/parts might be worth exploring.

Cheers though, appreciate the time & effort!

Under your statutory rights, you have to up 6 years warranty, whether you register the item or not. The onus falls on you to prove that it was a fault from manufacturing but you would have to go to trading standards for advice. If you get a local repairer to examine the item and give you a letter to say it was a fault that eventually happened due to a manufacturing fault, that would help loads.

Under your statutory rights, you have to up 6 years warranty, whether you register the item or not. The onus falls on you to prove that it was a fault from manufacturing but you would have to go to trading standards for advice. If you get a local repairer to examine the item and give you a letter to say it was a fault that eventually happened due to a manufacturing fault, that would help loads.

Getting someone out is going to cost circa £100, when a part that I could potentially fit might only be £50... thats the situation I'm trying to avoid.

But its apparent no-one has come across issues similar to this, to be able to advise which part it could be... So I don't have much choice but to get someone in.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back