Sand down a newly painted wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I’ve just put a second coat of paint on what was a newly skimmed wall. The room is a dormer and it's really hot, so I think what I’ve done is not noticed that I’ve already been over an area and ruffled the half dry paint up with my roller.

The end result is a couple of 40 cm patches which have a very rough finish and are almost against the grain of the rest of the wall. These bad patches where not visible after the first coat, so I must have done them yesterday when doing the second coat. I want to sand it down and redo the bad patches.

I put the first coat on Sunday and the second yesterday. I did put a miscoat on as well - that was last week.

Will I be ok to lightly sand the bad patches and just paint over the top or will I need to sand down the entire wall to ge it to match in ok with the rest of the wall?

Any tips/things to avoid?

Thanks in advance
James

Sponsored Links
my wall is loking better now.

i sanded it down, then worked paint into the texture with a decent brush, then roleld it over lightly with the same rolelr as the rest of the wall.

looking much better. got a couple of small patches of abrasive texture, but not the glaringly obvious 40cm long patches now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back