SANDING PARQUET

srf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just re-layed part of our parquet floor and now wish to sand and finish it. Unfortunatly there is some variation, in height, between some of the blocks (sometimes up to 2mm difference between adjacent blocks). Can anyone advise as to what type of sanding device would be suitable, to enable the floor to be finished at an even level. I am assuming that a belt sander would be a little heavy-handed for the job and may tear off the corners of the blocks? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
srf said:
Can anyone advise as to what type of sanding device would be suitable, to enable the floor to be finished at an even level.
Orbit sander, belt sander is okay if the wood grains are all going the same direction.

srf said:
We've just re-layed part of our parquet floor and now wish to sand and finish it. Unfortunatly there is some variation, in height, between some of the blocks (sometimes up to 2mm difference between adjacent blocks). Can anyone advise as to what type of sanding device would be suitable, to enable the floor to be finished at an even level. I am assuming that a belt sander would be a little heavy-handed for the job and may tear off the corners of the blocks? :rolleyes:

don't worry! The belt sander is OK! Just the worker have to use fine sandpaper. I mind k120. Actualy 2 mm difference between the blocks is to big. Who re-layed the parquet? Put in a claim!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back