Sanding Skirts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a sanding plate that lasts, for a Bosch Multi Tool. The sanding sheets do not stay on the plate when using the sander. Trying not to allow it to over heat in use or Sand paper will come adrift and pad will very quickly loose it's hooks and be rendered useless.

Bosch is over priced rubbish that doesn't last. I've wasted money on a sanding job that is taking much longer when reverting to wet and dry sand papers.

What make sanding plate do you use? any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much for your time in replying to my post.

I have ordered from Axminster and look forward to seeing the results with products that work.

Hope you have a great weekend.

All the best,

Susan

Hi Susan,

Hope that the interface pad works out for you. Please let us know. It may help someone else. That's kinda the point of this site (and others like it).

I am working this weekend. I don't think I have had a day off since March. Meh, provided I get to pop into the pub on the way home then my weekend will be more than acceptable.

I trust and hope that you have a good weekend.

BTW the Mirka interface pad will enable you to use the Mirka Abranet sheets.

https://www.axminster.co.uk/mirka-abranet-delta-abrasive-sheets-pkt-10-ax872748

As a Festool user even I have been impressed by Abranet, so much so that I recently purchased an Abranet hand sanding block that connects to my dust extractors for the times when clients need me to make less noise. That said, the higher price of the Abranet might not be justified given that you might not be using dust extraction. They do seem to keep their "cutting" edge longer than most of standard paper and velcro backed aluminium oxide papers though.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The Mirka Pad Saver
https://www.axminster.co.uk/mirka-pad-saver-for-delta-sanders-502531

was a brilliant find, and I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone! Got the nitty gritty done without any problems.

The Mirka Abrasive sheets are great too. They really deliver on speed and I found that I didn't have to put much force behind, just let them do the work.

I have a few more rooms to do in the house and I intend to order more of the same, at a that cost, it's too good not to.

Thanks again for your help! :))

I recently bought a belt sander. Much better than the 1/3 sheet rectangular sanders but it all depends on the application your using it for.

Belt sanders have their place but as a professional decorator I use them as a tool of last resort.

(IMO) The quality of finish is not sufficient for painting. The are great at rapidly removing volume but it is very difficult to use a belt sander without then needing to resort to using a finishing/intermediate sander. Additionally you risk gouging the finish and they can't reach the last 80mm.

If I were a DIYer and limited myself to one sanding tool (for the purpose of decorating) I would probably go for the rectangular orbital sander. The sanding rate is much lower than a belt sander and slower than a random orbital sander, but it is able to reach pretty close to internal corners.

If I need to take 2 mm of the bottom of my door- yup, I would use the belt sander.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back