Sandton premier unvented cylinder problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All new to this forum. I have a problem with my unvented cylinder; I have a direct flow mains system with unvented sandton cylinder. When the boiler is heating hot water the vent on the outside of the house is dripping hot water. I have turned down the boiler thermostat but it has changed nothing. Does anybody have any idea how i can remedy the problem?

Sponsored Links
The instructions are in the Santon manual and you really supposed to get a plumber with a G3 qualification.

You need to check the expansion vessel and replace if duff.

Sponsored Links
Switch cold main off.
open hot tap and then use a foot pump on the expansion vessel
until you get about 2.5 - 3 bar.

Job done.

I wouldn't call it 'job done'.

If the expansion vessel has lost it's charge, there's a puncture in the diaphragm. And this means you have a cast iron guarantee that the problem will reappear. Possibly taking out another T&P valve with it.

Once an expansion vessel has lost its air charge, there is only one permanent fix - replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back