Saniflo nightmare!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old saniflo packed up last week and I replaced it with a new one (it was pretty old). Less than 24 hours after the new one was fitted it stopped working. It makes a whirring noise constantly and doesn't empty the toilet bowl. I have turned it off at the electricity supply so it doesn't burn itself out. Is the problem with the saniflo itself or might there be a problem with the pipes? It had hardly been used. I have an engineer coming out tomorrow but it is my only toilet so am having to stay at friends' houses.

Sponsored Links
Almost certainly blocked waste pipe.
Good luck!
Isnt it against building regs to have the only toilet on a saniflow?

Sponsored Links
I also thought that macerators could only be on 2nd toilets.

Yes let the engineer sort it for you. Ask how much it will cost but don't begrudge him his money as it really can be a sh**ty job (pun intended).

It's cause I live in an underdwelling (there is another house on top of mine). My bathroom is at the back so it isn't on an external wall. I reckon that whoever put the bathroom in probably did it on the cheap and god knows where it was before. The old saniflo was VERY old so I did the right thing replacing it even if it was the pipes. Fingers crossed I'll be back to normal tomorrow!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back