SANIFLO PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Saniflo system in my bathroom which operates the shower, sink and toilet. When i run the water from the tap or flush the toilet the water comes out from the shower drainage. The power to the sanilfo is still on so its not the fuse in the saniflo but it does not make the normal loud noise when i flush it just mummurs for a few minutes. There is blokage somewhere i think but only water now comes out from the shower and no waste.
Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
is it a new instalation? how long as it been in? More info if you can, were is shower fitted in relation saniflo, It sounds like the blades are jammed
the usual cause is STs, have any of your kids toys gone missing
get in there and sort it

Its five years old will uise bullit its so strong or will then get it apart and shift blockage

is it a new instalation? how long as it been in? More info if you can, were is shower fitted in relation saniflo, It sounds like the blades are jammed
the usual cause is STs, have any of your kids toys gone missing
get in there and sort it
Sorry buck 51 my earlier reply was short as i was replying from my blackberry.
OK I came home and managed to lift the lid, i used a screw driver to clear any crap like tissue and you know what!, there was alot of tissue covering this round cylinder i managed to clear alot. When i turned the power back on and flushed the water filled up the saniflo and it did not drain from the toilet. But more importantly the sound of the saniflo was the same a continuous murmur but nothing as powerful as it usually is. Maybe the motor is gone.
The saniflo is 5 years old

Sponsored Links
now take cover off the cylinder the blades are in there they will be jammed
take care

tried my best got the lid finally off but there was one copper pipe bearing on the edge and there is no way i am going to mess around with that. I have got marigold gloves and soaked up all the water, you could say i have done all the dirty work for the plumber who is going to come in tomorrow morning. Will let you know how i get on.

hi buck spent 3 hours taking out the saniflo, it took 3 hours to clean and clear, i took it apart completey, it was so clean you could eat out of it!
Then i put it back together but it still made the same murmming sound so i guess the motor has blown and i will need a new one. Any idea where i can but a new SANISLIM from?? THe cheapest i can find is £329

Why not just buy a new motor if the old motor's broken? You don't have to buy a whole new unit. There are people out there who will service macerators as well...

It just isn't worth it......buy a new one and get a 2 year warranty. The plumber will not be able to fix it. It needs major parts. By the time you have faffed about and if you get it working.......get a new one.

Does anyone have ideas where i can get a new sanislim from or rather for a decent price? At the moment the cheapest is £329.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back