Saniflo non return valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, shortly after moving into a house with a Turboflush macerator, it started to keep turning on/off every 20 seconds or so.
Then when powered down the toilet will fill with water after it has been used
(its coming back down the pipes).

Now I have had the non return valve off and I suspect this is the culprit.

Mainly because it has a hole in it.

but I have seen holes in rubber before & this is not a natural hole, it is a perfect man made punched hole.

Any reason it would be like that?
And any suggestions where I can obtain a new one thats not going to be damn expensive.

Cheers,
Matty

Sponsored Links
have you tried the big places like travis perkins, plum center or google?

tbh I have not, I tried the engineer that last replaced it, but he wanted £27 for what appears to be a £4 part, that he last replaced 3 months before it failed.

I di look on google but did not find anything that matches it.

More concerned over why the hole would be man made though.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Did you forget to add a comment there Breezer?

Or are you insinuating that the guy that replaced it deliberately put something that will fail in? lol (thats what I think).

if its a Turboflush then the thread heading should say that!

If they are pumping up a small distance or a larger distance the the supplied flap NR valve is woefully inadequate!

I fitted one to pump up via the loft to the drain on the other side of the house. It had the same problem as you did.

I solved the problem by fitting a rare 32mm non return valve which was fully water tight. But I dont remember where I got it from, possibly from BES.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back