Saniflo SaniproXR switching problem

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi I have a SaniPRO XR I fitted it about 10 years ago. It has only ever been used to pump waste water from a shower and as such has not been used a lot. Recently the unit was not switching on as normal and would hum for a little until the water had flowed for a while longer than normal the the pump would kick in and it would work fine after that. The other day however it stopped work and would not pump at all. I removed cleaned and while I had it apart I checked to see if the switch was working by pluging the unit in and lightly pressing the membrane, hey presto the pump started to run and I could switch it off and on without problem. The membrane was really slimey and I cleaned it all up but bought a new switch membrane thinking that was the problem. I fitted the membrane and tested before putting the unit back together and the swich turned the pump on. I put the unit back together and tested it by pluging it in and filling it with water but the pump was not activated even though the water started to flow out of the discharge pipe. Disappointed I emptied it took it apart again and checked the switch by pressing the membrane and the pump was activated and ran OK ?? I would be very grateful if anybody can shine a light on my problem I have just checked the price of a replacement OUCH :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back