Saniflo Waste Siphoning - Air Admittance Valve Required ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Just fitted a saniflo plus to dispose of waste water from bath and wash basin - not WC.

Problem is that it is siphoning the water out of the trap so do I need to incorporate an Air Admittance Valve. Problem is that the waste is conveyed away via 22mm copper pipe.

Help please? I have found Air Admittance Valve's for 32mm plastic but not sure a) how I would make the connection and b) the pressure from the system would, I feel, blow a push fit.

Sponsored Links
Doesn't the Saniflo have some sort of AAV built into it? Otherwise this problem would often occur......best to speak to Saniflo about it. ....just found the advice from Saniflo- they do sometimes need an external AAV. Guess you'll have to adapt from 32mm to 22mm, although there might be a 22mm size AAV for use with washing machine hose extensions.

dd2.gif

chrishutt said:
Doesn't the Saniflo have some sort of AAV built into it? Otherwise this problem would often occur......best to speak to Saniflo about it. ....just found the advice from Saniflo- they do sometimes need an external AAV. Guess you'll have to adapt from 32mm to 22mm, although there might be a 22mm size AAV for use with washing machine hose extensions.

dd2.gif
Thanks Chris - my problem is how to get from 22mm copper to the smallest valve I have found which is 32mm plastic. I will perservere.

Ta

Solvent Overflow pipe fits 22mm and you can get adaptors from overflow to 32mm so you could do it that way too. Decent plumbers merchant will have all the bits. 32mm AAVs doesn't usually see muuch positive pressure though so, ....... I'd call Saniflo too.

I've used 22mm ish washing machine anti siphon valves but they're meant for hoses. You could use one with Jubilee clips.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Did you find a solution to this in the end? I have exactly the same issue at home, Sainplus rubber outlet jubilee clipped onto 22mm copper outlet pipework. Been looking everywhere for a way of incorporating an AAV into it, would be interested to hear how you managed it?
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back