SANIFLOW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :cry:

the house I moved into has a saniflow thing in the ensuite. It has been fine for 5 years but has recently started making loud noises.
Its like the motor is sticking or something and makes a loud gushing/sucking sound then continues to a rumbling loud noise a bit like a jet taking off! :eek:
It will eventually stop of its own accord but then will suddenly go off again of its own accord which can be very disturbing in the middle of the night and leads guests and neighbours to wonder what the hell Im doing :oops:
If I hit it hard on the top it stops (technical jargon) but it is getting louder and more rumbly (another technical term)
I don't really want to start taking it apart as Im a bit of a wimp (ewwww) so do I just keep on belting it one or do I need a surgeon :confused:
thank you everyone!

Sponsored Links
I really wouldnt advise taking it apart unless 1. You know what you're doing and 2. You have a strong stomach. It is broken and will need looking at, if unsure dont attempt yourself. Unit contains very sharp blades, human waste, a plethora of bacteria, electrical parts etc. If you cant find anyone have a look here: http://repairs.saniflo.co.uk/

you need to ask around for local recommendations for a plumber, and see if you can find one willing to work on a saniflow.

Sponsored Links
ermmm yeah thank you.... Well most of you lol lol!
Saniflo will only recommend an engineer with callout of over £100!
Don't mind paying for work that needs doing but at that price will probably just turn it off an use the other bathroom!
Xxx

If you're planning on staying in the property long term it would be worth asking a plumber to investigate the feasibility of getting that W.C. connected properly to the drain. Initial cost may not be cheap but assuming it's possible, then it's a 'one off' cost, no more Saniflo and no more problems..... :D

ermmm yeah thank you.... Well most of you lol lol!
Saniflo will only recommend an engineer with callout of over £100!
Don't mind paying for work that needs doing but at that price will probably just turn it off an use the other bathroom!
Xxx

Would be cheaper to replace it with a new one bought on ebay. :)

OwainDIYer";p="2855928 said:
There are used ones on Ebay from 99p.
:eek:
31.gif
31.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back