Sanity check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'm digging the earth out so I can have a low level deck built.

As you can see quite a lot of soil has come out close to the garden wall, I want to keep removing soil right the way around to the expansion joint on the wall (shown on the picture).

I just got a tiny bit concerned abut the stability of the garden wall (with so much soil being removed), should I be concerned?

It's a new build and the wall is built very well.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You've only gone down about 12", and considering that the wall is curved - which enhances stability - you will probably be OK (assuming it's a fairly sheltered location protected from high winds).

Thanks for your reply.

That's what I thought, and yes, It is well protected from high winds.

It would be good to get any other views also; good or bad.

are you making any provisions for water drainage or hoping to turn it into a pool one day? : )

Sponsored Links
There will be a fall from the deep end towards the far wall, that's the only drainage.

There shouldn't be much water as our house is only 3 metres behind where I took the picture from anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back