Santon Premier Plus Unvented Hot Water System - HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to buy a house, but it has a Santon Premier Plus Unvented Hot Water System - I'd never even heard of these, and am completely confused as to how they work and whether they are suitable for my lifestyle.

I live with my husband, we each shower every morning (total time ~ 30 minutes) then use hot water for washing up etc in the evening. We use the heating probably slightly less than the average household as it's a well insulated house and there's just 2 of us.

Could anyone help explain:

1) Is this an all-in-one system, or is there a separate boiler somewhere?
2) Is it gas or electric powered?
3) Is it at all economical for a household of just 2 people to use this type of system?
4) How often would we need to heat water, and how long would it stay hot for?
5) Does it work for both hot water and heating?

Sorry for the multitude of daft questions, this is just completely baffling to me! :oops:

Thanks so much for your help,

Gemma

Sponsored Links
It's a cylinder, which contains hot water. It is connected to the incoming cold water at mains pressure, so your hot water will be at the same pressure as the cold. This means you can have mixer taps on the sinks/bath, and no need for noisy pumps for showers etc.
It could be heated electrically via immersion heater(s) built into the cylinder, or it could be heated from a gas or oil boiler.

Economical - probably, although the electric only ones will cost more than the gas/oil types.
Heating water - depends on how often you need it, and how big the cylinder is. However they are factory insulated so will stay hot for a long time.

It does the hot water only. If it's heated by a gas/oil boiler then the same boiler should do the radiators as well. If all electric, then expect to see night storage heaters or some other form of electric heating.

In summary - it's far better than the old gravity fed hot water cylinders. It should be better in terms of flow rate than a combination boiler (which heat water as it is used).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back