Santon Premier Plus - user tips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a 4 bed new build with a Santon Premier Plus 300l unvented system. Having been used to a combi boiler we have really no idea how to use this system effectively especially as the tank is far too big for our current needs!

I was hoping someone could comment on how long the tank will stay hot for after say 2hrs of heating? Ie. could we shower at say 10pm when it was on from 4-6pm? (note, we basically have two showers a day and abit of washing up and that's it really)

There are only two of us living here at present so dont really want to be over heating the tank unecesarily.

Any tips would be most appreciated as there is no user manual provided and very little on the itnernet.

thanks in advance,

Chris

Sponsored Links
These are very well insulated and I've seen them retain heat over a w/end to still give HW on Monday. What litre capacity is it?

it's a 300l tank I believe.

Do you use more energy heating up a cold tank than keeping an already hot tank hot? Ie. if the tank remains hot for some time then surely I would be better off perhaps only having it on once a day rather than twice?

Excuse my ignorance to all this but this is really not my cup of tea :)

Sponsored Links
it's a 300l tank I believe.

Do you use more energy heating up a cold tank than keeping an already hot tank hot? Ie. if the tank remains hot for some time then surely I would be better off perhaps only having it on once a day rather than twice?

300 litre is for large family multi bathroom use. Assume it's heated indirectly by a CH boiler. Keeping it permanently on is wasteful if you only use a small amount. However you shouldn't let it run out cold. Best way is work out what you need am/pm and heat it to 60-65C prior to the relevant usage time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back