SAP assessment prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's a sensible price to pay for SAP assessment on a new build? Do these vary per build or usually a set price for a company?

A builder i spoke to said they vary between £100 and £180 on average.
My architect uses the same person each time but they charge £350.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What is included in a ‘SAP assessment’? Are you just talking about a SAP calculation or the other bits that are normally included for new builds, i.e. PEA, EPC, water calculations?

I think it will be all of the above from what i've picked up because it was mentioned about flow rates of taps and how many sinks and toilets, the thermal insulation of the build too.

Sponsored Links
A quote for a new build house I've just had in:

To carry out a full SAP energy assessment of the project, ensuring compliance with Building Regulations, and providing you with the necessary submissions for Building Control purposes would be a fee of £240.00 plus VAT.
Beyond that, once building work is complete, the On Construction EPC would be a further £50.00 plus VAT at that time. Part G water calculation would be £45.00 plus VAT

I know that would also include the assessor potentially having to play around a little with the insulation thicknesses for any highly glazed parts of the construction for example to ensure the figures worked.

£245, I'm going to have to dust of my Elmhurst Energy Assessor certificate!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back