Sap test calculations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I've been requested to provide sap test calculations for my new build at building regs stage.

Could someone give me a quick overview of what these are!?

I have all the architects drawings, with details of wall/floor/roof construction etc.

Could this be done by myself?

Regards,

Sponsored Links
Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) Calculations

Since 2006 it has been a requirement that all new dwellings have SAP home energy rating calculations prepared in order to demonstrate to local Building Control Bodies that the proposed dwellings meet the standards of the building regulations with regards to the Conservation of Fuel and Power (or heat loss). Basically in layman's terms because glass obviously has a poor insulation rating the SAP calculations will make sure that, overall the whole house is efficient in terms of heat loss and if necessary, other insulation being fitted above the norm to ensure it complies.

The procedure is that you will need to employ a SAP Assessor to calculate the SAP Calculations, they will require a questionnaire be filled in with relevant information such as type of construction, type and make of boiler, size of and quantity of radiators etc etc. Once they receive your completed form they can carry out their calculations. They will then report back to you and between you both will 'beef up' the insulation as necessary. The SAP calculations are then submitted to Building Control.

You can get SAP calcs as cheap as chips online but you'll get little support if you need to beef things up or fiddle with the truth a little. Personally I always use the same bloke, he's not the cheapest but he makes it a very easy process to go through. He charges around £200. Its not something you can do yourself as you need the software unless you have access to it of course. See here though //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1753887#1753887

If I had done your Building Regs drawings I would have allowed for appointing and liaising with a SAP assessor within my quote and would have done it for you.

Don't forget the air testing either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back