Sarnafil quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a quote (along with the usual sales BS) for a flat roof to be replaced with Sarnafil by a large local company. The roof is second storey with very good access and is about 35m2 with two parapets. Is it just me or is £13,000 a bit over the top for a flat roof? What price should this be per m2 fully fitted and insulated? How would this compare to the cost of using felt?

Sponsored Links
Sarnafil is a commercial grade roofing system more commonly specified on warehouses or supermarkets etc. You can't really compare it with felt etc. 35m² is unfortunately tiny compared to most of the stuff they will be used to doing and you will be paying a premium because of that.

I realise that it is usually used on larger buildings, but this company (Europlas) are now fitting it on domestic properties as well. I like the sound of the product but I don't think the price is justified. I really wanted to know if this is a reasonable quote or are they just trying it on. For me it seems an outlandish amount to fit a flat roof but I am no expert.

We fit Sarna and i did laugh at a quote of £13k. 35m2 should be approx £3k plus access.

Sarna don't give their full blown guarantee on domestic work neither.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I will be looking for a more reasonable quote from elsewhere. He said the Sarna would last for 40 years but would only have a guarantee for 10! Surely felt should last at least 10 years anyway. What price would I expect to pay for a standard felt roof of this size?

Thanks, I will be looking for a more reasonable quote from elsewhere. He said the Sarna would last for 40 years but would only have a guarantee for 10! Surely felt should last at least 10 years anyway. What price would I expect to pay for a standard felt roof of this size?

Same, insulated, not inc access.

We fit SBS felt- ICOPAL Firesmart and SAPPI Evermore5600...both can be insuranced backed for 20years as the materials also have a 20year guarantee.
This would be through the NFRC co-partnership scheme.

as team ICOPAL installers we get access to their own guarantee schemes - 20years for firesmart.

With Sarna you really are paying for the name.

there are plenty or other good single ply's out there....

fatra and armourplan ar two very good PVC membranes that can be fitted for around £60 plus VAT per m2 excluding insulation......add another £20 per m2 for 100mm PU board.

13k for 38m2 on a domestic.....oh how i chuckled!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back