Satellite finder meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im considering buying a pro quality satellite finder that will identify the satellite the dish is pointing at. I alredy have a couple of the cheap sat beeper devices that are good for getting in the rough direction but im after a meter thats a bit more advanced.
Im torn between the Maxpeak SAM-lite and the Satcatcher Digipro III has anybody used either one of the two and are they any good ?

I have also considered the cheap alternative of a meter that will not identify the satellite like a Digisat LCD they dont look too bad.

Sponsored Links
I have not used either but have tried to get someone to aim a dish for me to Turksat and I found only some units could be set to find this.

Finding Sky is easy enough with cheap units so I would consider you are looking at the Expat community who want to watch TV from their country of origin and so you must look at who you have in area and ensure your finder can be tuned to find their satellite.

Polish, Turkish, German needs local knowledge to know local needs.

Ive got my two dishes set up at home with just a sat bleeper i have a minidish for Sky/Freesat and i have a 60 cm dish with a dual feed for hotbird at 13 degrees east and Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees east. Im mainly wanting the meter for hobby use to find other satellites and the odd private job now and again.

Sponsored Links
My son-in-law has taken his satellite box to friends house and allowed it to tune in then returned it to his house and set up in yard so he can watch it while tuning in to station.
The pro tuners are very expensive and unless you intend to use it as a pro it would be cheaper to employ someone to aim dish and use proper rotator linked to set top box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back