Satellite socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have posted here before regarding this subject.
at home i have put in the following.
From sat dish to loft 2 x shotgun wf100 = 4 sat cables
From loft to each room, 3 no, i have run 1 x shotgun wf100= 2 sat cables

these terminate in the rooms in a single metal backbox. I am now starting to second fix and are looking for a 2 outlet satellite socket in a pearl nickel finish that is NOT flatplate.

I am looking online and seem to be able to find only satallite and coaxial sockets.
anyone able to point me in a direction??

Many thanks
Russell

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
As it stands and without further explanation from him, what Russel is asking for doesn't make sense.

If what's in the wall is a standard metal back box then the thing that attaches to that to provide a safe consumer-friendly interface is a wall plate. End of.

Broadly speaking, wall plates come in three versions: there is the all-in-one in which the sockets are attached to a solid facia plate e.g. like a light switch. There is a grid module plate i.e. a rectangular universal frame in to which can be inserted modules for data, TV, satellite, FM/DAB, telephone etc. Finally, there are brush plates which resemble the letterbox draft excluder but on a smaller scale.

The caveat with both brush plates and grid modules is finish. There isn't the wide range of colour options that you get with solid plates.

If Russell means something different by "face plate" then let's hear it.

Sponsored Links
I will guess he wants two TV sockets rather than a TV and a Satellite socket? Or two Satellite? However unlike Freeview you can't really without expensive equipment in the loft feed 3 rooms with two satellite feed when you only have 4 feeds to start with, I know they do it with flats and have special distribution boxes but that is expensive.

There are as said a number of ways to bring the supply in or out of the room. The grid switch I use is either white or black, there are no special finishes, I have both brushes and sockets mixed as required, but not as a pearl nickel finish. I use LAP grid system which does not need a grid plate as such the modules clip direct into face plate.

I did a quick google, and selected images and within seconds I found this E-bay listing which seems to show all combinations of TV outlets, however the problem is it does not show what shielding or if filtered or not.

In order to get multi-feed down a coax it is common to use filtered sockets, the band pass filters allow many aerials and dishes to feed VHF, UHF, and Microwave signals down on coax, and also stops DC so unlikely to get a shock from atmospheric storms, however stopping DC also stops digi-eyes and feeds to mast head amps and LNB's so one has to be very careful selecting the socket.

Twin satellite (F) sockets are unlikely to have any filters Twin TV sockets could be either there is nothing to tell one what you are buying.

My TV sockets are hidden by the TV so most import thing is they work, what they look like is not really an issue. However the description "NOT flatplate" does not really tell me what you are looking for. Is this
MKK3523.JPG
what you mean? with a TV plug maybe, with satellite F type it would be real pain to screw in, so unlikely.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back