Satin for trims and doors etc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, we've recently moved into a new place in which we intend to decorate. Fortunately it's mostly in really good condition (better than our old house!), but naturally when we repaint in a colour we prefer the skirting/architrave etc will look a bit naff - so - it needs a repaint.

* Currently satin
* Ogee profiles
* Banisters will need doing too

Previously I used Zinsser Perma White, as I had some left from doing something else - it seemed decent. I also used Dulux Satinwood (some can with purple bits on it, I forget now), it was hideous (note, consumer, not trade!). I also used some crown thing which was also a bit naff.

So, I'm thinking:

*Dulux *trade* Satinwood or Eggshell (I see on Toolstation there's normal and quick dry trade Satinwood - thoughts?)
* Valspar v700 wood and metal in either satin or eggshell
* Zinsser Perma White satin

Is my short list.

I've never used Valspar before but the whole place here has V700 on the walls and the finish is excellent - and you can clean it.

For reference, I have a 4 year old son who likes to trash the place (currently trying to get biro scribble off his door, grr!) and another on the way who'll likely bash the place up more - I guess eggshell is a stupid choice despite us liking the appearance!

Thoughts much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back