satin paint for interior doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

so quick question.

My mum decided to buy paint and then paint the interior wooden doors in water-based Dulux Trade Quick Dry Wood Primer + Undercoat, in secret, so just going to stick with that lol.

So what paint would people use over it in a satin water based finish? Il give the doors a wipe over with 120 or 180 grit sandpaper to smooth it out.

I had a look at WRX Trade Satinwood, seems to get good reviews, 2.5L for £30.

On the other end of the scale, got No-nonsense satin 2.5L for £18, good reviews, very cheap.

In the middle of the scale got 2.5Ls of Crown Trade Satin, Johnstones Trade Acrylic Satin, Leyland Trade Water Based Satin, Armstead Trade Quick Dry Satin, or Dulux (Non-Trade) Litre Quick Dry Satinwood Paint for £25.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks
Ji

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I love the Leyland trade fast drying satin. About £25 for 2.5 litres.
You'll need two coats and my advice would be to get it on quick and don't keep going over it. Especially on the first coat going on the primer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back