Satin on the bright work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps

For years everytime I redecorate - I rub down the bright work IE Doors / door frames / skirting etc and put on a couple of coats of Standard White Dulux Gloss..

I have noticed in a couple of home shows recently where they appear to have no gloss finishes and all satin finishes.

Can anyone confirm what paint would be used? Normal white wall satin perhaps?

I have also noted the skirting to be same as wall colour?

Sponsored Links
Time to pick up a few colour cards when next in store. They give you all the choices of finish etc.

Thanks so Satin can be put on bright work?
I dont want to do the work and have to get the Gloss out and redo it!

It's purely a matter of taste - current trends in new properties tend to be satin on woodwork. Otherwise it's all down to choice. The colour cards will give you a steer on suitable types of paint.

Sponsored Links
Satin is being used more because the water based is the easiest to use in the range of WB paints. I've done more this year than in the last ten

Thanks

My bathroom is white - So I guess I can literally paint everything with the same paint?!

Cheers

I suspect it's down to the fact that matt finishes show surface imperfections less than shiny, and satin paint means less prep work on new build joinery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back