Sauner Duval 623 - burner cuts out after 10 secs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted on here a few days ago about a noisy Saunier Duval 623 boiler. The noise is being caused by the small rubber bushes the fan attaches to the casing being worn out,allowing the fan to vibrate against the mounting posts and casing.

Last night the boiler failed completely! When the thermostat triggers the heating on or the hot water tap is run the boiler fires up but then the gas cuts out approx 10 secs later (can hear a relay click) and leaves just the pilot light. The fan is still running afterwards.

The problem is the plumber who is going to change the boiler is not available for a week and we don't have hot water or heating. It sounds like a cutout switch has failed or possibly the control board? I have tried leaving the boiler off (gas and electric off) overnight and turning it back on
next morning.

Is there anything obvious I can check or do to get it working until I can get the plumber in?

Thanks in advance.
Martin

Sponsored Links
I would expect that its a dirty venturi as thats a common fault on that dreadful model.

Its theortically a CORGi job to clean it.

I do hope you have learnt your lesson and are buying another make!

Tony

Agile,

Thanks for the advice, looks like find another plumber or wait til usual one is available!

As for learning my lesson. The boiler was already fitted when I bought the house so didn't have much choice :cry:. I know boiler preference is very engineer specific but old SD boilers don't seem to have a good name with anyone :evil: Needless to say I wouldn't let any Heating Engineer fit another SD.

Also learnt I should stick to IT systems and keep out of plumbing or heating!

Thanks
Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back