Saunier Duval Thelia 23 - Boiler won't ignite piolt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Thelia 23 won't ignite the pilot. When you press in the start button, you can here it click and the fan trying to work but it dosent have enough punch to ignite.

Someone told me its the relay but it would cost me £300 -£400 to replace.

I just phoned a supplier and asked for this part and was told the part im looking for is spark generator it costs only £28 + VAT

Im a bit confused and not sure what information is correct, has anyone got any ideas?
:?:
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
When you say you here it click do you mean you can here a continous clicking? If not could be spark generator.

If so can you see a spark? Could be sparking to earth where it shouldn't if ignition cable insulation is damaged, so spark is not at ignition electrode. Could be blockage in the pilot injector not letting gas to pilot

hi thanks for your reply, no the clickingis not continous.

It tries to ignite but soons dies with little effort.

No spark either, you can just hear the fan spinning.

I think it could be a problem with the actual starter!!

Does the fan sound as if it is running at the usual full speed you are used to hearing? if so the next thing to check is the fan venturi is not blocked, the fan aps pipes are not blocked, cracked, split and are connected ok, then the aps its self. The boiler will not try to ignite at all if the aps doesn't tell it the fan is running correctly.

If all the above are ok then perhaps it is time to look at the pcb and other parts of the ignition circuit.

Sponsored Links
I am fairly certain the pilot WILL relight even if the APS is not operating! It certainly was the case on their previous 623 model.

There are so many potential causes but in any case a gas competent person will be required to diagnose and fix it. ( CORGI registered ! )

I am assuming no pilot flame is lighting at all.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back