Saunier Duval Xeon 60ff: Getting it to Temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I wondering if someone has any views/advice on this please.

Several years ago we had the boiler replaced and installer put in a Saunier Duval Xeon 60ff. This it seems was never installed correctly and about 15 months ago we had to have the overheat stat replaced, along with some additional work to make the pump overrun work correctly. These issues I understand from the engineer we had do the repairs were caused by an incorrect installation (.

However, I still seem to be left with a problem and I wonder if anyone get make some suggestions as to the cause - and perhaps this is just a false expectation on my part.

The boiler starts, upon instruction from the timer unit, and burns for a period of time, shuts down and then maybe 30-60secs later starts up again - and repeats this cycle until either: (I think).

a) The room stat reaches temperature.

b) The timer program ends.

My expectation would be that the when the timer switches on the system the boiler will kick in and continue to run until on the above scenarios is reach - rather than keep starting and stopped.

To my it's almost like some internal stat within the boiler reaches temperature, which forces the unit to shutdown, cool for a moment only to start up again.

I don't think it's the timer unit, and I've recently replaced the room stat.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/suggestions that I can perhaps look into/throw at the next heating engineer please?.

Thank you

Iain

Sponsored Links
You have correctly identified whats happening and then dismissed it because you dont want to believe it.

The boiler is rarely seen in the UK but is a simple cast iron HE like a Baxi Solo or Ideal Classic.

It has an internal thermostat and when the flow reaches the set temperature as adjusted on the front then it turns off until it cools down.

See what setting your pump is on. If on "3" then turn down to "2" and it may stay off for a little longer.

You could also turn the boiler temp up a little in this cold weather and it may burn for a little longer.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure that I understand your opening statement. It wasn't my intention to give you the impression that I'd "dismissed" anything because I dont want to believe it.

I am a "heating novice" - and my post was suppose to try and explain what seems like an issue to me along with my thoughts to see if anyone could confirm what I suspect.

My aplogises if it seemed otherwise.

The pump is currently on it's "3" setting. What are the implications of changing this to "2".

The adjustment on the front of the boiler already appears to be on it's max setting.

Thanks

Iain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back