save my washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
i have a beco washing machine ....and you guessed it i have a problem with it ........
it wont fill or empty but continues the cycle anyway ( and spins ).....have checked so far

inlet valves have resistance but are receving no power when due to fill the drum....
nothing burnt or loose

i have filled the machine through the detergent drawer..but it still wont empty
anyone any ideas ?

Andy

Sponsored Links
what brand of soap powder do you use? (this is not a joke question)

yes it does, bold is not too bad, some "cheap powders" actually block the m/c.

i would suggest your pressure chamber or pressure switch is faulty.

not having worked on your m/c i can not tell you where they are.

you should really call an engineer.

you could try the folloing.
Unplug m/c remove lid look for a "little bottle" on the drum it is probably blocked, or the little pipe fom it is blocked, let me know

Sponsored Links
ahh i think i might know where that is a thin pipe attached to a round plastic unit.....it does have some wires attached to it....one of them is the live to the solenoids on the valves so this might be promising.........how does the unit work and is it wise to try and get the top off it ???

thanks
Andy

ok taken what i think is the sensor off and blown into it and it appears to be moving etc inside......the pipe is unblocked.......still no joy
any other ideas

cheers

the bit you are refeing to is the pressure swithc, it has a ballon inside it and as air is forced in it expands, operating a switch. it is a sealed unit which you can not open.

the thing you want to look at is the other end of the pipe, it should be clear and empty (that is clear of anything, not its colour)

this is the pressure chamber which fills with water sending air to the pressure switch

you had posted again while i was away

ok i have blown through the pipe both ends and it appears to be clear.....and the pressure switch is clicking slightly at the right moments........but still no fill and no drain..................any other ideas for me ?

you have mentioned the pipe, the pressure switch, but not the pressure chamber (it is attatched to the outer drum)

hello again
ok i have stripped down the m/c and cannot find anything that i can recognise as the chamber.......the only things connected to the drum are :

heater connections ( front )
drainage pipe.....which splits to the pump and to a small piece of plastic pipe which is tapered.......i have removed the pipe ( thinking that this would be the chamber) but it is totally empty. could this be a new type of chamber ? it is approx 1 inch on one end and very small on the other ( which connects to the pressure switch)

apart from this there is nothing else connected to the drum at all ( unless it is inside the plastic outer drum )

thanks for your help here it is much appreciated .............i am a web media designer and if there is anything i can do or help you with im your man :)

cheers
Andy

different manufactures have differnt shapes, ours was called a bannana (obvious reasons)

i should say you have found yours when you said it is approx 1 inch on one end and very small on the other ( which connects to the pressure switch)

as it is empty i should say it is the pressure switch they do go, i think it may be best you call the company engineer, as i first mentioned i never worked on those.

if you do want to get a pressure switch it will probably have different connections, make a note of how yours is first, but it may be the programmer, again as i said i didn't work on the brand you have, i was h******T / C***A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back