SBR as Floor Levelling Primer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
I need to do some additional floor levelling on some shallow dips in a floor that was smoothed with floor levelling compound a couple of years ago. The Floor will be covered with 4mm foam underlay and 10mm laminate when it is flat. There are no damp problems. Existing SLC is in good condition and was water based but I dont know what brand was used.
I have some Mapei 1210 to do the job but I was concerned about prepping the floor.
The areas that need doing are not large, 1m2 about 3mm deep.
would scuffing the floor then brushing and vacuuming be enough or should it be primed.
If priming is required would SBR diluted 4:1 be good or would neat SBR mixed with cement be better.
Should the 1210 SLC be poured before the primer is dry?
Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
Dont really see a need for prepping that patch with primer?
If you already have some SBR use it, pure or diluted.
For such a small area you could also use any kind of glue and water as a primer.
Pour the SLC when the primer is tacky but dont sweat it.

Why has it slumped since last application of SLC?
Be cautious about raising the FFL too high.

Hi Tell
Thanks for your reply.
The floor has a long and complicated history which resulted in it looking like a ploughed field before the first SLC was applied.
The builder who applied the SLC gave me several options and told me the one I chose would be smooth but may not be perfectly flat, which I accepted.
I have not yet lifted the lino to inspect the floor but checking with a long spirit level there are two shallow dips that I need to fix to stop the laminate bouncing.
As far as I can tell so far the SLC is still in good condition and not delaminated, cracked or crumbling.
Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back