Scaffolding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a bit of an odd question and I have no idea where else to ask but here goes..

My parents hired a builder (more of a jack of all trades but master of none if you ask me) to do some work on the rendering on the outside of their house as well as various other jobs to get it ready to sell. Long story short, they paid him a few thousand up front and then he had some kind of psychotic episode and wound up being sectioned under the mental health act. This was some 5 years ago now and he's still not reachable by phone and his brother just swears at my parents and makes them feel awful when they contact him.

It's gotten to the point where my parents have given up. They don't have the money to take him to court so have given up despite the work still being unfinished and the work he actually did do has fallen apart.

My question is, he left his scaffolding behind and I have no idea whatsoever of the value of it but I was wondering if I could sell it and perhaps get a bit of money back for my parents. Is this legal? As I say, it's been 5 years or more and he's made no attempt to claim it

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back