Scalding tap water from cylinder

Sponsored Links
What motorised valve(s) do you have? Certain models are known to be problematic, if its stuck open to HW, then it'll keep whacking hot water from the boiler into the cylinder when the CH is calling. Possibly robbing flow from the CH, which then takes longer to get the rooms to temp, and thus exuberating the issue.
The 3 port valve say "drayton" I have turned the boiler down to mid and the water is still scalding but again not expanding into the tanks in the attic, it may well be that the 3 port valve is not closing the hot water? The boiler and pump are not on all the time so i don't think the cylinder stat has failed. The immersion heater is definitely off like i say its not been used in years.
Thanks

Reducing the boiler stat should result in a lower temp at rads and hot water. As I advised yesterday you should call in a professional.

You will have to draw off about a bath of HW for the new boiler thermostat setting to make any difference, it will not just change until it needs to be topped up

Sponsored Links
I'm definitely getting a professional in as soon as possible, i just wanted an idea on what would be causing the above issue, from the posts it sounds like the 3 port is faulty.
Thanks all

Did you draw off hot water to reduce the temp in the hot water cylinder ,as I advised you yesterday ? If you did how much did you draw off , enough to get the temperature from the tap to a " normal/ comfortable " level ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back