Scantronic 500r+ Internal Sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've just moved into a house which is fitted with a Scantronic 500r+ alarm.

Once the alarm is set, if one of the PIRs are triggered, there's a 1 minute delay and then the external siren starts going off. However, there is no internal warning noise (from the control panel?) to indicate that the alarm has been triggered.

Is it possible to change it, so that if a PIR is triggered there will be an internal sound/beeping for 1 minute before the external alarm starts going off?

I've consulted the engineer manual & a few forum threads but can't see an answer!

Thanks,

Steven

Sponsored Links
Is the internal sounder inside the control panel faulty ? Or has it been disconnected?
Take system is wireless
Did you trigger alarm within 1 minute of setting alarm ?

Hi - I believe the internal sounder is working as when the front door is opened (entry/exit zone triggered - door has a contact fitted) the control panel starts beeping. Have had the alarm on overnight but no internal sound when triggering in the morning so a good 10 hours between setting and triggering.

Sponsored Links
In your first post you say no noise from panel ?
Your control panel has a sounder inside the panel does that make a noise When set off ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back