Scantronic 9452

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Scantronic 9452 has been perfect for about 15 years then suddenly the service and tamper light appeared. I clear it but when you set the alarm it starts to work but after about 10 sec the tamper comes on. I have checked every pir hard wired them in the control box but no change.It does not indicate where the tamper is as I would expect so my suspicions are towards the siren box but any help would be appreciated. I have ckecked the battery in the control box but not in the bell cpould it be that?

Sponsored Links
if the external siren is as old as the control panel,
i would opt for changing it for a new one, there could be some damage to the electronics in the external siren units PCB.

or it just could be a dead battery

but as an engineer i would change it for a new one.

a texacom siren/strobe unit is a good make and easy to fit

Oasistechnical

Thanks for the suggestion. It bugged me all day long and I decided that as nothing appeared wrong it must be the battery in the control box as I disconnected the siren box and linked ot out . I had tested the battery in the control box with a meter and loaded it and retested and it still showed 13.3 volts so appeared ok. I changed it for a spare 12v one I had (albeit wont fit) and hey presto its now fine. Moral of the story dont trust a battery even if it appears ok. Thnaks for replying much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back