Scantronic 9800 Routine Servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have inherited this system - Scantronic 9800. I would like to carry out a service but don't know the engineer's code. Is this code necessary to carry out the routine service, to the standard of the security maintenance companies? I only have the user's manual which gives the walk test procedure. Is there any common faults to look for with this unit?

Does anyone have a standard procedure which the security companies conform to; or can point me in the direction for the same?

I assume that the battery can be changed easily without major hassles; what is the recommended frequency for this change? - I have seen figures ranging from 5 to 10 years, I don't know when the existing battery was changed; (can a failing battery be recognised in any case?) but I want to do this asap.

Does the bell box have a separate battery which requires changing also?
Any assistance gratefully received.
Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
depends on brand of battery

Yuasa should be changed every 5 years regardless
any othe brand (powersonic) every 3 years

do a walk test and bell test on it

you should also check mains voltage, resistance of each cct and tamper, does the sab (if fitted) work when down powered
check battery charging voltage

most bell box batterys are deacs, depending on make depends if you can change them

main problem is Lb when some one doesnt change the standby battery

yes you can open it, tamper will go off enter your No, change battery put lid back enter your No press clear

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back