Scantronic 9800 EF code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I have a scantronic 9800 system which for some reason has developed an EF code fault and won't let me arm the system. I have powered the unit down and removed the battery but when I started it back up the fault was still there. Does anyone know how I can clear this fault as its starting to annoy me. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What happens when you enter your code and press clear? Do you get the two flashing lines on the display? Are the service/fault lamps on?

EF stands for Exit Fault. This means there was a zone still open at the end of the exit time (liklely the front door contact stuck open, but could be any other detector...)

Hi, Thanks for the reply. When I set the alarm the no 1 flashes (which I presume is zone 1) and when it times out the fault light comes on with the EF. When I put the code in the two lines appear and then the display goes blank.

as above;

it looks as if your door contact (or pir sensor) connected to zone one has failed.

change device and try again

oasis technical services (southern) ltd

Sponsored Links
Hi, Thanks for the reply. When I set the alarm the no 1 flashes (which I presume is zone 1) and when it times out the fault light comes on with the EF. When I put the code in the two lines appear and then the display goes blank.

That sounds right, apart from the number one staying on the display. Try tapping the contact on the front door sharply with a screwdriver. This may cause it to start working again but I would recommend you change it for a new one soon. If it does'nt, you need to find out what zone 1 is and check a few other things (could be a damaged cable etc)

Thanks for the advice. I'll change the contact and see if that sorts it. Cheers.

Thanks for your help. I found a broken wire whilst changing the contact. Wired the new contact anyway - problem sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back