Scantronics 9651 help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm trying to set up a scantronics 9651 alarm. I have electronics experience, but never done a professional alarm. I know the manufacturer won't provide any support so wondering if I could ask some questions here.

Only the one question for now, I can't find in the manual how to disable a zone. So should I "short out" each zone's terminals if I'm not using them?

Sponsored Links
Ah, I've found my answer in the manual! Oki onto next step of config then. So far so good.

The alarm is all working now, got my zones and entry and exit routes set.

I only want my alarm to trigger off a cheap SMS module which requires a 12v signal to trigger it to send an SMS. Is there any way to set the outputs of the alarm to go from 0v to 12v when the alarm is triggered? Without having to wire in a relay ideally.

There is I believe a comms block which will give you the output you need. Or use bell output.

Sponsored Links
There is I believe a comms block which will give you the output you need. Or use bell output.
Yup I just thought of that. The comms output can also be reversed to go positive when alarm is triggered, so that should work. So alarm is all sorted. Hopefully this alarm will be more solid than the flakey DIY one's I've tried.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back